The National Museum in Warsaw was founded in 1862 as the Museum of Fine Arts, and is one of the oldest art museums in Poland, celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2012. The National Museum is an institution that collects, stores and provides the artistic achievements of generations from antiquity to the present day.
Tasks and objectives
Our task was to design and implement a refreshing new information service. To increase the range of services and streamline its operation we have implemented a number of dedicated functionalities. An important aspect of this project was to present the website in a clear and intuitive way, as it contains both artistic and scientific content.
The service was implemented on the basis of an efficient and intuitive-to-use Edito CMS platform. In addition to basic solutions, the new site of the National Museum has:
- calendar of events from all the museum’s departments
- linking with Google Calendar, allowing users to integrate with their own calendars
- dedicated exhibitions module
- communications modules
- newsletter informing about the latest events
- dynamic poll
- shopping modules
The main advantages for the Customer
- improving communication with users and potential visitors
- intuitive administration panel for easy service management
- larger viewing audience thanks to facilities for the visually impaired