- Why us
What we do
- Business websites
- Intranet Platform
- eCommerce websites
- Magento 2 Implementation
- Information portals
- eLearning platforms
- PIM tools
- B2B wholesale platforms
- PWA - Progressive Web Application
- Mobile apps
- Loyalty programs
- SEO / SEM consulting
- Bespoke internet apps
- IT Outsourcing
- Cloud / Hosting
- Digital Asset Management
- Our work
- Contact us
Digital Asset Management
In the era of accelerated digitization of business processes, it is worth reaching for a platform for comprehensive management of digital resources in the omnichannel concept.
Digital asset management
Digital assets are all information, electronically available, owned and managed by an organization. Digitization of documents and resources, planning and optimization of their flow, and easy sharing wherever necessary are the basic steps on the way to building a competitive advantage on the market.
DAM platforms support digital asset management. This supports the implementation of the organisation's goal and vision as well as cooperation with business partners, e.g. for sales purposes.
A common challenge for many organizations is to constantly fight the dispersion of corporate data, including electronic resources. They are as valuable as official business records. On the other hand, the problem is the lack of tools to monitor their topicality or the status of using outdated resources. It is also worth mentioning the often low-quality materials, resulting from the lack of appropriate tools for their creation or processing. This makes it difficult to create engaging and professional materials.
The DAM platform is a panacea for these problems. Thanks to it, we not only gain control over resources, but we are able to use their full potential.
Features of the DAM platforms
The management and distribution of digital resources is mainly associated with e-commerce. Behind DAM is the idea of managing and distributing resources in the omnichannel concept. However, its use can be significantly expanded and taken a few steps further.
It is worth using all your resources in a business context, and even including them for mandatory use, in conjunction with documentation. DAM enables you to reorganize and manage all your resources holistically. Here is a long list of functionalities offered by this type of platform, divided into several most used areas:
Management of the database of digital resources
- user-friendly interface based on usability (e.g. multi-tabbing mechanism, navigation elements, drag and drop, field auto-completion system)
- possibility to define advanced structures for a repository in a tree structure
- unlimited repository scalability
- organization of metadata related to specific resources
- full-text and graphic search engine equipped with, among others with tagging function and integrated with metadata
- access for dispersed company branches, suppliers or business or franchise partners
- security of resources (advanced system of roles and permissions)
- easy integration with external databases
- real-time synchronization of resources in all databases
Management and processing of digital resources
- creating high-quality digital resources thanks to built-in tools and CMS
- integration with other databases of digital resources (eg Microsoft, Adobe) and tools for their editing, eg Adobe InDesign
- efficient edition and modification of resources thanks to ready-made diagrams and components
- support for a wide range of extensions for documents and multimedia files
- mass processing of digital assets (conversion tools)
- full configuration of the workflow for creating, modifying and accepting resources or groups of resources, allowing the mapping of processes currently occurring in the organization
- tools for group collaboration directly on the platform or in the Cloud (integration with the selected solution)
- sharing / uploading digital resources for partners or suppliers in the form of a separate platform enabling mutual cooperation
- versioning mechanism and history of changes
- possibility of integration with DXP (Digital Experience Platform) or CLM (Content Life Management) platforms
Management of the database of digital resourceDistribution of digital resources
- automatic optimization of resources to the needs of a given distribution channel
- workflow configuration for publication in one or more channels
- the ability to make changes and the visibility of resource modifications in real time thanks to synchronization between channels
- availability of the Digital Asset Delivery (DAD) function enabling automatic analysis of data describing the parameters of resources
- automation of printing digital resources, incl. marketing and sales printouts
- the possibility of integrating DAM with external distribution channels (e.g. Headless DAM function in Pimcore)
- integration with distributed content delivery systems (CDN) from popular suppliers (e.g. Amazon CloudFront or Windows Azure CDN)
- the ability to store published resources in scalable Cloud services (e.g. Amazon S3 or Microsoft Azure Asset Store)
DAM available solutions
Among the Digital Asset Management solutions available on the market, we can find DAM systems in many configurations.
- Standalone DAM / DAMS platform (e.g. Adobe Asset Manager)
- Platform available in the cloud (e.g. OneDrive in the SaaS model, Cloud DAM from Microsoft Azure)
- Built-in functionality into an already existing system (e.g. Pimcore)
- Marketplace plug-in from direct software delivery or external suppliers (e.g. DAM Akeneo)
- Integration between systems using a dedicated API (DMS, e-commerce platform e.g. Magento)
- A platform or a dedicated plug-in designed for a specific industry or company
To optimally use the possibilities offered by the DAM digital resource management system, it is worth choosing a tool that meets the individual needs of a given organization. A properly conducted pre-implementation analysis will help in determining the optimal, also financially justified, solution.
Why is it so important to fully understand the client's needs? We invite you to read the article:
Pre-implementation analysis as a "guarantee" of your project success
Who is the DAM platform for?
DAM (Digital Asset Management) solution can bring tangible benefits to virtually any enterprise. A great simplification is the statement that DAM is used only for the organization of graphic files. The digital asset management system is also a tool supporting the building of brand image consistency on the market in many channels at the same time with much lower costs and workload.
The use of the DAM platform will bring the greatest benefits to organizations such as:
- production companies
- distribution companies and sales agents
- eCommerce industry
- publishing companies
- architectural industry
- marketing & PR agencies
- streaming and content portals
- organizations associating creators of digital resources
- public (museums, libraries) and educational institutions
DAM implementation benefits
Depending on the business profile of the company and the different needs of a given organization, the advantages of using a DAM system will differ. Nevertheless, when we look at what we gain from DAM as a whole, there are many points of contact.
- Centralization and consolidation of all digital assets of the company
- Easier access to digital content
- Better control over resources influencing the company's image
- Safe access to digital resources with a system of roles and permissions
- Easier and faster resource processing and preparation
- Measurable support for multi-channel communication
- Shortening the time of introducing products, services and information to the market
The foregoing benefits directly or indirectly contribute to significant savings in time and financial resources related to the creation and management of digital resources.
During the pre-implementation analysis, we focus on the needs and goals, but also challenges, and try to find the optimal solution. We adjust a function to a given problem that will eliminate it, not the other way around. At this stage, we also select a solution that will meet the expectations placed in it in a cost-optimal manner.
Creation of a functional design
At this stage, it is crucial to create a complete list of functions and describe the procedures and their exact operation. We take into account the target group of users and their preferences, as well as the capabilities of the DAM platform, but also the company's technological base.
Implementation of the platform
As part of the implementation work, we also offer assistance in importing content and resources to the new platform. We follow the work of users on an ongoing basis to be able to support the organization in the optimal further development of the platform, so that the benefits achieved thanks to it are as high as possible.
Preparation of trainings regarding the use of the platform
We appreciate that a new platform requires training of employees in searching, sharing or even using basic functions. It is possible to prepare valuable and educational training materials and conduct workshops in a remote form, e.g. webinars.
Why you should choose us
180 experts onboard
SCRUM, Agile, Prince 2, IPMA
Trust of over 1000 Clients
IT Outsourcing experience
We build on Open Source
And last but not least. Projects that we create receive many awards and distinctions. So clearly, we do it right!
Please leave your contact details and describe your needs. We will contact you back as soon as possible.