- Why us
What we do
- Business websites
- Intranet Platform
- eCommerce websites
- Magento 2 Implementation
- Information portals
- eLearning platforms
- PIM tools
- B2B wholesale platforms
- PWA - Progressive Web Application
- Mobile apps
- Loyalty programs
- SEO / SEM consulting
- Bespoke internet apps
- IT Outsourcing
- Cloud / Hosting
- Digital Asset Management
- Our work
- Contact us
Product Information Management
"The future of e-Commerce consists of many sales channels integrated into one universal platform."
Product Information Management (PIM) is an innovative product base management system. At the first moment, it looks like another online shop, the only difference is much more advanced functions. Nothing more wrong! A store is just a fraction of the possibilities offered by this system. For years, the platform's potential has been successfully used by the world's most famous brands.
Over the years, many tools have been created to make the purchase process easier. However, none of them was comprehensive enough to cope with combining all areas related to sales (from both the user and the entrepreneur's point of view). The PIM (Product Information Management) becomes a solution to these problems.
Functions of the PIM platform
What distinguishes this platform from others available on the market? The keywords are versatility and development. PIM is a platform that can simultaneously perform the following functions:
- centralized storage of digital data and metadata,
- digital data and metadata manager,
- advanced data editor: text and graphic content,
- management manager of customer experience
- teamwork management manager including planning and monitoring of taken actions,
- product data library - multimedia and descriptive,
- communication channel between the entrepreneur - wholesaler, retailer, and supplier,
- an eCommerce platform that manages many sales channels (including offline ones).
Development and flexibility are the main elements of the PIM family tools. They enable easy customization to clients' needs, among others integration with other company systems. If it's not possible directly, there is the option of importing or exporting data available in basic file formats.
Depending on user needs, you can choose the most convenient way to include the platform in the company's infrastructure. You will receive the choice of installing the system on internal servers or placing it in the cloud without overloading the company's IT infrastructure.
The platform creators design specialized modules and add-ons based on customers' activities to meet the requirements of entrepreneurs and end-users. Active PIM community supports further platform improvements. Having such a valuable source of information, the possibilities for developing this system seem limitless.
The PimCore is an advanced open-source tool operating on the Symphony Framework. It is used by over 80,000 companies in 56 countries. In 2018, the platform received the title "Cool Vendor" awarded by the Gartner organization to companies that create systems supporting business activities with innovative technology.
The Akeneo is an open-source technology solution with a modular Symfony3 structure. The platform is available in 3 versions: Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Cloud Edition. In May 2019, Adobe awarded Akeneo at the "Magento Imagine 2019" event. They granted the prestigious prize for successful integration between Akeneo PIM and Magento, which has not been done before by any other company.
Advantages of the PIM platform
For a smaller company, the goal will be e.g. digitization or systematization of resources it possesses. The next step will be a gradual expansion. A medium-sized enterprise may struggle with dynamic development, which could cause chaos. Including PIM in the company system will help improve and support its development. For larger companies operating on a global scale, poor information about a product, and wrong information flow may become a problem.
PIM platforms offer proven solutions, but also helps to predict future problems. Implementing the PIM tool into the structure will bring many benefits, not only those associated with lowering costs.
- Digitization of all company resources in one data warehouse with the ability to segregate and find them quicker,
- one multifunctional platform that will replace many previously used applications and subsystems,
- the ability to integrate with other systems in the company or import/export resources to another system,
- quick product launching in many sales channels simultaneously,
- increased presence and higher sales on global markets,
- transparent data editor for modifying text and graphic content;
- top quality product information - fewer returns and abandoned baskets,
- regularly updated product information database,
- omnichannel support - all information about products and sales rules are available from one central place,
- easy access to many additional modules and extensions for platforms.
Stages of PIM implementation
Implementing multi-functional platforms is a process and should be carefully planned. Each stage needs to be scheduled separately to obtain the best results. We should treat such implementations as dedicated applications. It comes from the fact that each company has an original purpose. PIM platforms are flexible, and only thanks to a thorough analysis of your needs, you are able to verify which solution is more optimal for you.
- Analysis of customer needs and expectations.
- Getting to know with the company's infrastructure (and verification of the possibilities of development or replacement).
- Conducting predictive analysis to see how the modification or new implementation will affect the business.
- Preparation of functional system design, i.e. action plan, taking into account the needs of the client.
- Preparation of the company's infrastructure in terms of new technology.
- Platform’s development and implementation.
- Test phase and further optimization
Why you should choose us
180 experts onboard
SCRUM, Agile, Prince 2, IPMA
Trust of over 1000 Clients
IT Outsourcing experience
We build on Open Source
And last but not least. Projects that we create receive many awards and distinctions. So clearly, we do it right!
Please leave your contact details and describe your needs. We will contact you back as soon as possible.